2.08.2009

ouch!

Damnit! I trudged around in the woods with Lloyd yesterday. We were locating the 2 north corners of our property. And then...I stepped into a low spot and POP went my friggin' knee. It didn't hurt instantly, but it hurts like hell today! It feels like my quad is bruised, too. GD knee. I injured it when I was 20 yrs old and it has hassled me ever since.

We have decided to bar-b-que tonite. Cold weather be damned! Two days of sunshine in a row and we are READY for summer! Bring it! We haven't decided the meat type, but there will be marinading & grilling involved. Ooooo, I can hardly wait. Salmon? Chicken? Tender (expensive) beef? We'll see....

Slappy the skunk is still visiting on a regular basis. He'll miss a night or 2 and then he's back. The cats have learned to leave him alone. I went to bed early last night. Lloyd & the kids were up watching a movie with the genny on, so the porch lights had my bedroom lit up when Slappy arrived. I watched him run around in my room. He is so small-like a small long haired squirrel- and so cute. At one point I thought he was going to jump up onto my bed. He ran across the floor toward the bed, then under it and into the battery room from the foot of the bed. Little maniac! He is so small, but so loud with his slappy little bare feet! Lloyd wants to catch him in the live trap and relocate him. ??? I don't want to harm him in any way. Conundrum. What to do about Slappy.

Ordering seeds & chickens & a turkey or two next weekend. We also have a line on some Icelandic sheep. We just need to decide how many to start with & figure out where their area will be here on the homestead. We may do sheep next year & just focus on fowl this season. Build it slowly so as not to overwhelm. Still talking it over. We've got a bathroom upgrade to do in the next two weeks, too. Very good stuff happening around here!

Life is GOOD!

No comments: