3.27.2009

Volcanic delay!


The volcano (Mt. Redoubt) is setting my itinerary! It has been blowing it's top and causing flight cancellations. So, I am booked for Sunday and crossing my fingers. My Mom is really doing well, what a haul she's been through! She finally got her replacement glasses TODAY! The hospital lost her glasses during her surgery, so she has been without all this time. It was a huge relief to get them today.

I have been able to visit with some of my family and friends & reminisce about our childhood or the good ol' days. Some of them good, some bad...the sharing of the stories was all good! Wonderful to reconnect! Thank you Grace, Krystal, Susie, Jamie Alice, Kim & Andy. Lovely strong ladies. Tomorrow we are going to get a group together to go out to dinner at the Red Beet, a fantastic(!) restaurant here in Palmer. I'll try to take a picture of the kitchen to post here...it is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

I am looking forward to my trip home to see my family. But I am taking the time to savor the end of my visit here.

Life is sweet!

No comments: