1.23.2009

President Obama!

my modem died.

moment of silence

apparently they are not cut out for fluctuating off-grid power.
my "surge protector" is actually an outlet strip. f*cker.

I did not get to watch the inauguration streaming live.
(network rabbit ears reception tv IS better than nothing!)

I must invest in a battery backup surge protector for my precious electronics. Being without has been rougher than I would have imagined-
I have missed blogging and facebook and the ability to look up information when a question pops into my head!

OK- enough whining!


The inauguration!!!!!! Our new PRESIDENT!! That darling benediction giving preacher-what a joy!! I am so happy about Barak Obama!


I am also VERY excited about ordering baby chicks from my new Murray McMurray catalog. Come on spring....I can hardly wait for the homestead to burst into life again! I am jazzed to do some yard work this weekend!
Chickens (maybe Turkeys, too!), the garden, the birdies & frogs.
My impatience would have it all here tomorrow and there is much to do still to get ready. Mother nature is so wise!! :)

Life is good!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

His speech was unbelievable. To be hopeful about our country and who is leading it for the first time in my life feels really good.
I hear you on the spring thing, can't wait but so much to do before ....

Wendy said...

Wishing for some of your boy's french press coffee right now, sounds lovely- how long will it take me to get to your house??? :)
Ha-ha.