5.31.2009

End of May

Wow! A LOT has happened since my little "contentment" posting. Sheesh!

Firstly, I got a job! Wasn't even looking! My Broker from my RE/MAX days, Charlie,(bless his heart)gave my name as a recommendation when the owner of Townsend Bay Property Management called, looking for an agent to join them! I interviewed that day and was hired to start on the 26th! I really like the job & the 3 ladies I work with. It is 4 days a week, so I still have time at home, which is very important to me. Pretty frickin' cool! :)

On Memorial Day, Seth (Tiger & Violet's papa) popped up on facebook out of the blue. He has been in a very bad situation for the past 2 or 3 years, no contact with the girls. Lo & behold, he is out, sober, clean & getting out of Alaska. He wants fix it & he'll be here on June 4th! I have a lot of hope and an equal measure of aprehension. Poor Holly is so worried for the girls well being, should he slip away again. Hopeful, too, of course. But she has done and gone through so much. ugh.
Tiger is beside herself with joy! Violet is tickled if you ask her about it, but it is all Tiger thinks & and laughs & smiles & talks about ever since she spoke with him. She has missed him terribly. I hope, I hope, I hope for the best.

Hard working Holly Rae was sideswiped by a double kidney infection. On top of work, house building and papa's coming to PT news. How much can one little mama take!?! Her house should be ready to move in the first week of August. I hope then she will be allowed some rest.

Tara rented an ADORABLE cottage uptown in Port Townsend. So cute & tiny & affordable & perfect for her. She is super happy about it. Zero is allowed to live there with her, but Lloyd has confessed his love for the cat, so his address remains the same as ours, for now....

Heidi may, or may not, be headed for a visit to Alaska. She is going stir crazy here. Not working gets a little old (spoken from experience). I hope she finds some direction soon. Until then she seems delightfully distracted by pretty boys...

Willabee is finally coming home on June 5th! YAY! We have all missed her. Her vacation has been long enough that I can just barely remember what a teenager she can be! Ha ha. I'm sure it will all come flooding back very soon! It will be very nice to have all of my kiddies home again. At least in the same town. Same house isn't an option anymore, so same town will do.

Luke man is golfing with his dad today. He has been doing a lot of shifts at the Upstage. Helping Lloyd get wood in, helping around the house. His 8th Grade promotion is coming up on the 16th or 17th of June. And on the his Freshman year! Go Luke!

And last but not least, Naomi, has been sailing and rowing her little heart out at school. these last 3 weeks are a maritime unit and ALL of her classes have to do with (or are actually out in longboats on the bay!) maritime education & themes. She LOVES it.
Last Thursday was a BEAUTIFUL sunny day, they were out sailing and almost capsized the boat when a big gust of wind came up. She said it was soooo scary. BUT! They didn't capsize and she learned how to try to avoid & prevent it. Pretty exciting!

I am feeling pretty happy. Excited about being able to have some extra $ to apply to projects around here that keep getting put off for lack of funds. Really good stuff happening.

Life isn't easy but it sure is sweet.

No comments: