4.04.2009

Home on the Range!

Yahoo! I made it home just in time. I arrived last night and the volcano blew up again today!

I am so happy to be home! What a wonderful greeting from my family and my animals. Hugs and licks and purrs(and that was JUST from Lloyd!) AHHHH HA HA HA. My little dog Hazel was the happiest, even this morning she was still overjoyed, so cute. Heidi was so relieved she cried. Tiger & Vi were very sweet, too, with sweet smiles and long hugs.

Today was sunny & warm & perfect! I had coffee made by my lover and a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. Tomorrow we are going to grill some moose meat that I brought home (thank you, Grant!).

Lloyd was able to get our oldy OLD rototiller running and tomorrow may see a freshly tilled garden here on the Hill! Hummingbirds were here and drinking at the feeders, the daffodils are ready to burst open.

My flight was so great-the two guys that sat by me were funny & nice & interesting. The weather was BEAUTIFUL. When we got over Port Townsend the pilot circled the plane around to slow our arrival to get in line to come in to the Seattle airport. It was like I had asked them to give me a perfect extended birds eye view of MY little town!!! It was SO SUPER cool! In all the times I have flown I have never had such a fantastic view. What a gift! It made me really happy. Blue sky, all shades of GREEN land and deep blue waters with the sun a-blazing over all of it. Wonderful. The only glitch- I watched 90 percent of Slumdog Millionaire and then the flight attendant wanted my digi-player back for landing :(
now I have to buy the DVD. I would have been able to watch the whole thing, but I took a break when snacks came to eat and visit with my seat mates. It was the right choice.

I had a good time visiting with my family and friends in Alaska the last week I was there. The trip was very worthwhile over all. It had very intense, but meaningful moments & a bit of good old lighthearted good times. I feel like it was very healing for me. I have held a lot of resentments and I think that I have finally worked through most of that. I feel genuinely live-and-let-live. And that has been my goal, my ideal. It was quite a journey. I feel relaxed and relieved and ultimately-HOME.

life is sweet...

2 comments:

Wendy said...

yeah you are home!! cracked me up the kissing and licking, nice one.
glad you had such a good trip home and are all safe, that you worked out some family sh*&t and that you feel good!!

Seattlemom said...

Hi Denise, found your blog through your comment on Wen's blog. It was so good to re-connect with you at Ft flagler last summer. So crazy to find you again via Wendy ! Such a tiny world.
jill
jillinseattle@yahoo.com